2018 CREW Hampton Roads Board of Directors
BDO USA, LLP
(Liaison to Sponsorship)
First Atlantic Restoration, Inc.
(Liaison to Strategic Planning; chair of Nominating Committee)
Secretary & Delegate
(Liaison to Membership)
(Liaison to Community Service)
The Norfolk Redevelopment and Housing Authority
(Liaison to Public Relations)
CREW Hampton Roads is managed by a Board of Directors that works together to set and accomplish the chapter’s strategic goals—helping to advance the success of women in commercial real estate. Serving on the CREW Hampton Roads Board of Directors is a unique opportunity for leadership and networking among other ambitious men and women working in the commercial real estate field.
Below are frequently asked questions about service on the Board of Directors:
What are the benefits of serving on the Board of Directors?
- Increased public exposure and opportunities to build business
- Leadership development skills and experience that benefit your chapter and company, including:
- Speaking/presentation skills
- Consensus building
- Motivating others
- Strategic planning and thinking
- Expanded professional connections that benefit you and your clients
- National exposure for you and your company
- Increased communication and interaction between real estate professionals in the community
- Opportunity to influence the future direction and benefits of CREW Hampton Roads
What is the time commitment and who pays the cost involved?
- Monthly board meetings, committee meetings as scheduled
- Attend monthly lunch meetings and special functions; paid by member
- Transition and/or Strategic Planning Meetings
- Delegates (President-Elect and an elected delegate) and President attend the CREW Network Convention and Marketplace in October. In addition, Delegates and President attend CREW Network's Leadership Summits in February, June and the day prior to the start of the convention in October. Some travel, registration and hotel expenses are paid by CREW Hampton Roads for these attendees, subject to budget constraints.
What qualifications are considered by the Nominating Committee when selecting the slate of board members?
- Demonstrated leadership abilities (in committee work or otherwise observed by CREW members or members of the Nominating Committee)
- Effectiveness as an ambassador for CREW Hampton Roads
- Past participation in CREW and CREW Network activities
If you have other questions, please feel free to contact any member of this year’s Board of Directors.
2004 Katherine Campbell
2005 Katherine Campbell
2006 Denson House
2007 Christine Tirona
2008 Cami Hahn
2009 Ann Crenshaw
2010 Robin Gasser
2011 Christine Early
2012 Katie Harrison
2013 Erin Corrie
2014 Cathy Peate
2015 Lisa Murphy
2016 Victoria Paul
2017 Dana Yancey